2350 Eleanor Tinsley Houston, TX 77023 US
Manufacturing company in the University of Houston area looking to employ a detail-oriented and experienced production planner to create, modify, and manage production schedules. The production planner’s responsibilities include monitoring inventory levels, regularly providing production status updates to management, and facilitating the timely delivery of products to customers. You should also be able to closely monitor the production process to ensure that production orders are completed on time and within budget.
To be successful as a production planner, you should be knowledgeable of material requirements planning and able to manage production deadlines. Ultimately, an exceptional production planner should demonstrate excellent time management, organizational, and problem-solving skills to ensure that production operations run smoothly.
Production Planner Responsibilities:
- Evaluating orders to create suitable production schedules.
- Estimating the amount of material required for production.
- Effecting changes to production schedules to ensure that production deadlines are met.
- Promptly informing the relevant departments of changes to current production schedules.
Production Planner Requirements:
- Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) accreditation or other relevant certification is advantageous.
- Proven experience working as a production planner.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Sound knowledge of material requirements planning (MRP) and related software.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Effective communication skills.