2350 Eleanor Tinsley Houston, TX 77023 US
Company near University of Houston is looking to add a Maintenance Mechanic to the team.
- Must have at least 2 years prior maintenance experience as an industrial maintenance mechanic/industrial maintenance technician.
- All maintenance positions are multi-craft. Meaning a person applying for any maintenance positions has a heavy mechanical background must be willing to learn and or perform light to medium duty non-energized electrical work as needed. A person with a heavy industrial electrician background must be willing to learn and or perform light to medium duty mechanical work as needed. Absolutely no one will ever be put in an unsafe situation or a situation that they are not comfortable with due to lack of experience.
- All applicants must have and maintain a positive attitude, strong work ethic, must be open minded, must be able to work in a fast paced environment, must show the initiative learn the plant’s equipment and process to improve themselves as an maintenance mechanic/technician, be willing to learn and or work as a multi-craft maintenance mechanic/technician, must be willing to assist other maintenance mechanics/technicians as needed, work with contractors as needed, perform miscellaneous tasks around the plant facilities as needed, must be able to work extended hours depending on plant needs.
- Applicants with maintenance experience in the resistance welding industry is a plus.
- Applicants with millwright or mechanical backgrounds must have knowledge of using hand tools, power tools, pneumatic tools, squares, levels, center punch, pry bars, various types of wrenches, pullers. Perform preventive maintenance. Must have knowledge of removing, rebuilding, installing, maintaining and performing alignments on electric motors, compressors, gearboxes, gear/motors, centrifugal pumps, gear pumps, couplings, sheaves, sprockets, and drive belts, various sizes of roller chain, ball bearings, roller bearings, various types of seals, and various types of gaskets, able to bolt up various sizes of flanges properly. Must be able to cut, thread and install screw pipe properly. Must be able to read, interpret and work from equipment drawings. Must be able to document all tasks, maintain a personal daily work task log book. Any additional hydraulic, electrical, welding or machining knowledge/experience is a plus.
- We have 2 typical schedules that are your permanent shift, each schedule is based on 8-hour work day with unpaid lunch Monday - Friday (6:00am -2:30pm, 2:30 pm to 11:00pm). Current opening is for First/Second Shift.
- Other Shifts / Work Availability: The candidate will need to be able to work this shift as well as responding to weekend call out when needed, available to be scheduled to work weekends when needed, available to be scheduled to work holidays when needed, available to work over their scheduled 8 hour work day/overtime when needed.
- Tools must be provided by the employee.