3310 Pasadena Blvd. Pasadena, TX 77503 US
To efficiently and effectively conduct the function of formulating all products associated with the Pasadena Site operations. Formulators must be consistent and in compliance with ERP, Manufacturing instructions, Quality Guidelines and practices to ensure all customer demands are fulfilled on time.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Knowledge of equipment design and processes for proper operations of tanks, boilers, hot rooms, bead mills, meters, ventilation systems, and mixers / blenders
- Knowledge of mix time, pump speeds, temperatures and sampling to ensuring defect free quality product.
- Knowledge of general start-up and shut down practices / needs for ensuring that all products being produced, and ingredients used conform to all manufacturing instructions and safety procedures.
- Understanding of basic quality assurance / control including quality (ISO) documents and manufacturing procedures to achieve high quality products.
- Conform to all safety and regulatory procedures (refer to IH-4 of the Occupational Health & safety manual)
- Practice/enforce a clean and safe work area to prevent product/equipment contamination and/or injury.
- Accurate/legible reporting and documentation on all batch sheets and associated records related to formulation activities, waste and returned raw materials.
- Knowledge of raw materials / active ingredients and the use, purpose, and safety requirements of each material.
- Achieve consistency in the everyday process of line assignments, data collection, PPS (Pasadena Performance System) requirements, process efficiencies, QHSE oversight, and employee development while ensuring maximum throughput and production schedule attainment.
- Ensure a safe, reliable, and cost-effective operation of the Pasadena Site.
- Ensure products are produced to specification and meet customer needs and regulatory requirements.
- Support and participate in continuous improvement activities at the site (5S, DTM) Direct involvement in standardization/improvements related to processes (SOPs)
- All other duties as assigned:
- High School Education or GED
- 2 years production formulations experience
- Forklift certification required
- Specific HSE training preferred (Haz-Mat, First Responder, NFPA)
- Basic understanding of regulatory environment including OSHA, EPA, DOT
- Demonstrate ability to execute complex assignments and develop solutions to problems.
- Good Interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and influence.
- Must be able to work seasonal day/night shift.
- Computer skills including ERP and Microsoft Office products
- Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out of the area travel and overnights may be expected.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or listen. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Hours: AM shift - 5:00 am to 4:00 pm (1 hour for lunch)
PM shift - 4:00 pm to 3:00 am (1 hour for lunch)
Down season is from May to September
Up season is from October to April (could be asked to work overtime)