Equipment Operator - Demolition
1801 Jasmine Dr. Pasadena, TX 77503 US
In This Role, You Will:
- Operate heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner to minimize the risk of injury, property damage or loss of life in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Perform daily pre-inspections, on-going maintenance checks and manage the daily care and custody of construction equipment maintenance
- Supply input, frequent improvements, and changes to company Job Safety Analysis Plan
- Sort, load, and haul debris onsite at Decommissioning and Demolition project sites, operate a Grapple, Hydraulic Hammer, Pulverizer, and Shears as needed as well as other similar equipment
- Demolish structures of varying composition and height both above and below ground
- Dig, load, grade and backfill with clean and/or contaminated soils
- Conduct constant inspection and surveillance of surroundings before and during the operation of all heavy equipment to ensure safe ground and slope conditions exist along with an adequate distance between other equipment or team members in the immediate work area
- Communicate with others by all means possible (visible or radio contact), including interpreting hand signals to determine where materials should be safely placed or loaded
- May perform a variety of manual tasks for extended periods of time, including lifting, positioning, and securing materials and work pieces during installation
- Equipment Operator position would be considered a "Traveler" position and includes travel to construction jobs to perform work onsite with a monthly rotation back home
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- Previous experience performing demolition activities operating heavy equipment such as excavators with buckets, hydraulic hammers, high reach, grapples, and shears safely required (Demolition Equipment Operator Positions Level I-IV available with wages commensurate to related experience)
- High level of skill and ability to operate and maneuver equipment with buckets, grapples, shears and pulverizing attachments
- 40-hour HAZWOPER training certification, 8-hour refresher, OSHA certification and TWIC would be a plus
- Must be able to understand and demonstrate the limitations of equipment, properly interpret load charts for associated heavy equipment and manufacturer approved attachments
- Must be willing and able work in an outdoor construction work environment with potential exposure to dust, noise, waste, toxic and infectious materials, and possible inclement weather conditions.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to maintaining a workplace free from prohibited employment conduct, including discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other legally protected status in accordance with federal, state, and local laws. Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screen and background.
This is a travel assignment. Travel will be required. Some jobs are local, but travel is part of this job so you will need to be ready to travel when needed.
Days: The job will determine the days worked
Hours: The job will determine the work schedule
Current Per Diem rate: $90.00 /day (hotel lodging will be paid for by the employee)