Dispatcher - Truck Fleet
16643 Jacintoport Blvd. Houston, TX 77015 US
- Schedule drivers to make freight deliveries.
- Communicate with customers about freight details, delivery or pickup times, and special handling requests.
- Prepare dispatch documents, as well as generating freight bills and invoices.
- Maintain records of dispatched calls, driver routes, route changes, as well as delivery and pickup times.
- Keep track of transportation regulations and laws to ensure that truck drivers comply.
- Review drivers’ logs, including dispatched calls and arrival times.
- Monitor truck repairs and maintenance schedules.
- Log customer shipping schedules and complaints.
Truck Dispatcher Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- 2-3 years of experience as a truck dispatcher is a PLUS.
- Exceptional ability to schedule drivers, plan routes, and dispatch drivers to customer locations.
- Experience in customer services, as well as generating freight bills and invoices.
- Experience with Transportation Management Software is a PLUS.
- Working experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook Express.
- Knowledge of applicable transportation regulations and laws.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and time management skills.
Days: Monday through Friday
Hours: 7:00 am to 4:30 pm
(Current working schedule may be 8:00 am to 5:00 pm)