1801 Jasmine Dr. Pasadena, TX 77503 US
In This Role, You Will:
- Hot cut in a safe and appropriate manner to minimize the risk of injury, property damage or loss of life in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Perform daily pre-inspections, on-going maintenance checks and manage the daily care and custody of tools and construction equipment maintenance
- Supply input, frequent improvements, and changes to company Job Safety Analysis Plan
- Cut various types of metal compositions and thicknesses using either propane or acetylene fuels
- Frequently move into active demolition areas with combustible materials and will be required to identify hazards, remove, and clear flammable materials from work area and monitor work area after hot cutting for hot spots or fires
- Conduct constant inspection and surveillance of surroundings before and during the cutting activities to ensure safe ground and slope conditions exist along with an adequate distance between other equipment or team members in the immediate work area
- Work from heights as required to access cutting locations as well as basic rigging
- Field verifies existing conditions for hazardous conditions including five gas metering
- Wear appropriate PPE including head protection, breathing protection i.e., respirator, eye protection, hand, and foot protection and FRC clothing during hot cutting activities
- Communicate with others by all means possible (visible or radio contact), including interpreting hand signals to determine where materials should be safely placed or loaded
- May perform a variety of manual tasks for extended periods of time, including lifting, positioning, and securing materials and work pieces during installation
- Burner position would be considered a "Traveler" position and includes travel to construction jobs to perform work onsite with a monthly rotation back home.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- Previous experience performing demolition activities including rigging and steel preparation. Positions Level I-IV available with wages commensurate to related experience)
- High level of skill and ability to cut metal structures for demolition and sizing
- 40-hour HAZWOPER training certification, 8-hour refresher, OSHA certification and TWIC would be a plus
- Must be able to understand and demonstrate the operations of a cutting torch
- Must be willing and able work in an outdoor construction work environment with potential exposure to dust, noise, waste, toxic and infectious materials, and possible inclement weather conditions.
We are constantly striving to improve ourselves so that we can better support and serve our clients. If you have a growth mindset, love a great challenge, and thrive under pressure, you are probably a great fit for our team! We offer benefits to employees and eligible spouses, domestic partners, and children; competitive compensation, paid holidays, and time off and more.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to maintaining a workplace free from prohibited employment conduct, including discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other legally protected status in accordance with federal, state, and local laws. Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screen and background investigation results, including driving record and criminal history.
This is a travel assignment. Travel will be required. Some jobs are local, but travel is part of this job so you will need to be ready to travel when needed.
Days: The job will determine the workdays
Hours: The job will determine the work schedule
Current Per Diem rate: $90.00 /day (hotel lodging will be paid for by the employee)