CNC Machine Operator - Night Shift
712 E Southmore Ave. Pasadena, TX 77502 US
- Must be able to read, understand and apply information obtained from blueprints, and job specifications.
- Must possess strong mathematical abilities and the ability to remember words, numbers, and other information.
- Must possess the ability to exercise good judgment when carrying out duties and to maintain good working relationships with customers and fellow employees.
- Haas mill experience is a plus.
- Reads and interprets work instructions, prints, and job order for product specifications such as dimensions and tolerances, and tooling instructions.
- Calculates and sets machine controls to specific work orders and regulate factors such as cutting depth, speed, feed, and coolant flow.
- Observes operation of machine and verifies conformance of machined work piece to specifications, using measuring instruments, such as fixed gauges, calipers, and micrometers.
- Detect and report defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
- Communicate with team members and support teams to ensure continuous production of high-quality levels products with minimal wasted time and materials.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition and follow prescribed safety protocols
- Perform, but not limited to, the following tasks: milling, turning, drilling, taping, de-burring, and inspection.
- Must be familiar with the basic machine functions in order to perform the tasks stated above.
- Must be willing to accept and receive frequent supervision and assistance regarding machine set-up.
- Must be willing and able to work in a multi-tasking environment.
- Other duties as needed and assigned.
- Education and Experience: 1-5 years’ experience as a CNC mill/lathe operator preferred.
- Computer Skills: Basic computer and computer-aided machinery skills
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints. Read basic measuring devices, including micrometers and calipers.
- Must be able to lift between 25 - 35 pounds on a regular basis and occasionally between 35 - 50 pounds. Considerable standing, stooping, and bending are required.
- MAZATROL programming mode is a plus.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and tools involved in machining and manufacturing.
- Knowledge of quality measurement tools like calipers, micrometers, and measuring tape. Must know how to work with fractions and decimals.
- Must be able to work safely in a machine shop.
- High school degree, equivalent or technical certification strongly preferred.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is required to stand, walk; sit for long periods; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employees must frequently lift and /or move up to 10 lbs but may occasionally lift to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Employees must talk by expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word to impart oral information to clients or to the public and maintain focus and concentration throughout the workday.
- Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Immediately stop practices that are unsafe or outside of approved procedural limits.
- Escalate to the supervisor and/or Quality Department any item, component or product that is found unacceptable or out of specification for proper disposition.
- Halt shipments of products known to be defective or known to have been produced without using the proper Gagemaker procedures.
Hours: 3:30 pm to 4:00 am