Assembly Technician - Night Shift
712 E Southmore Ave. Pasadena, TX 77502 US
Assembly Technicians are qualified craftsmen tasked with the assembly of components to produce quality barrels. Operator must meet production schedules on time, while adhering to high quality standards.
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to follow written and verbal instructions
- Must be able to understand Method Instructions.
- Must be able to operate machine, robot welder and use hand and small power tools (hand pliers, hand screwdrivers, Allen wrenches and screw gun).
- Perform general duties as needed such as operating machines, troubleshooting machines and filling out necessary paperwork.
- Confer with Production Manager to determine progress of work and to provide order status.
- Pull or stage kits product for shipment and labels them according to FBD orders.
- Maintain and make sure work area is clean and 5’S Freeze department
- Maintain inventory counts as requested.
- Ensure production goals are met while adhering to quality assurance and safety practices.
- Motivate, implement, and drive continuous improvement activities through Kaizen or Lean Manufacturing initiatives. Embrace continuous improvement and actively participate both as a leader.
- Ensure efficient collaboration and coordination between relevant departments and adhere to and enforce company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required
- Proficient experience with machine and hand tools
- Extremely well organized and detail-oriented; willing to work manufacturing environments.
- 1-2 years of assembly experience preferred.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, employee is required to stand; walk; sit for long periods; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must frequently lift and /or move up to 10 lbs. but may occasionally lift up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Employees must talk by expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word to impart oral information to clients or to the public and maintain focus and concentration throughout the workday.
- Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Immediately stop practices that are unsafe or outside of approved procedural limits.
- Escalate to the supervisor and/or Quality Department any item, component or product that is found unacceptable or out of specification for proper disposition.
- Halt shipments of products known to be defective or known to have been produced without using the proper procedures.
Hours: 3:30 pm to 4:00 am
(Friday & Saturday schedule is set up by the Supervisor - and is voluntary)