Inventory Control Technician
Pasadena, Texas | Temp To Hire
Position Summary: This position is responsible for the accurate accounting of inventory, including receiving, processing, recording, and distributing supplies and materials; performing a variety of clerical duties including data entry and maintenance of files and records.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Required to perform basic math; understand written procedures, write routine documents, and speak clearly; and understand multi-step written and oral instructions.
- Knowledge of, inventory/stock control practices, shipping/receiving practices, proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Exceptional organization and planning skills are required.
- Accuracy, attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Promptly identifies safety and quality issues/concerns.
- Possession of a valid forklift operator license or must be certified within 90 days of hire.
- Perform daily/weekly inventory counts.
- Warehouse organization and increasing efficiency for all personnel pulling and putting away stock.
- Investigation of inventory variances.
- Keeps team and supervisor informed regarding the progress and status of work activities.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to receive constructive feedback and coaching, and respond appropriately.
- Reconciles discrepancies in asset records.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage priorities is important.
Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Typically 2+ years related industry experience preferred.
- Must have warehouse experience
- Significant standing, walking, moving, carrying, bending, kneeling, reaching, pushing, and pulling. Ability to move and lift boxes and/or equipment weighing up to 50 pounds; ability to lift and balance up to 25 pounds overhead.
- This is a drug and smoke free facility
Days: Monday through Friday (could work some Saturdays depending on work load)
Hours: 8: 00 am to 5: 00 pm (hours could vary to start earlier)
Pay Range: $18.00 to $20.00 hr. (depending on level of experience)