Maintenance Technician - 2nd shift
LaPorte, Texas | Direct Hire
· Routine and preventive maintenance on pneumatic and other related equipment
· Installation and repair of equipment
· Building maintenance
· Fabrication of equipment and functional parts
· Tool room up keep and parts inventory
· Routine maintenance on saws, bag-house equipment
· Routine maintenance on tow motors
· Assemble/install and or repair wiring, electrical and electronic components, pipe systems and plumbing, machinery, and equipment
· Know and understand basic safety and power tools
· Mathematical aptitude
· Electrical aptitude including wiring systems, pumps, motors, and knowledge of 110v, 240v, 480v, single and three phase and basic PLC’ s
· Knowledge base in building maintenance, carpentry, plumbing and equipment maintenance including pneumatics and hydraulics
· Ability to lift-up to 50-75 lbs.
· Ability to operate forklifts and overhead cranes
· Able to fabricate metal equipment and functional parts
· Ability to use oxy-acetate torches and welding units including arc and mig-welders
· Ability to read and understand micrometers, tape measures, calipers, and other measuring instruments
· Able to multi-task and self-organize
· Must have reliable transportation
· Able to communicate and coordinate with others
· Able to install, service and rebuild pumps including fluid, vacuum and hydraulic pumps
· Able to install, service and rebuild gear boxes, sprockets, bearings, gears, and other energy transferring equipment
**MUST BE ABLE TO WORK A 2ND SHIFT**
· High school diploma/GED minimum
· Fork lift Certification a plus
· Basic computer skills a plus
· Any certification pertaining to electrical building and machinery maintenance is a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 150 pounds with help. The employee is required to be able to get in and out of and drive a tow motor. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Requires special safety precautions such as working around moving parts, machines or with irritant chemicals. Employees are required to use protective clothing or gear.
May work in an area that is very uncomfortable due to extreme temperature, noise levels or other conditions. This position requires moderate physical exertion.
Position Type / Expected Hours of Work:
Days: Days of work will vary depending on shift (occasional overtime may be needed)
Hours: 3: 30 pm to 12: 00 am (midnight) - 2nd Shift
Salary: will depend on level of experience