Houston, TX | Temporary
Position Summary: The main objective of this position is to work with pumps, motors, chillers, boilers, and perform PMCS (Preventive Maintenance Checks & Services) on numerous pieces of equipment such as industrial generators, compressors, and other types of industrial machinery. Keep everything running and ready.
- With minimal instruction, must have the ability to tear down pumps, motors then re-assemble
- Some experience working with boilers & chillers
- Must be mechanically inclined
- Change oil, replace belts, replace/clean filters, dis-assemble, assemble, etc.
- Must know types of basic tools and what they are used for
- General knowledge of wrenches, their sizes, names, what they are used for, how to use them properly
- The ability to read a tape measure: 32nd, 16th, 8th, 1/4, 1/2, and everything in-between
- Continuous clean-up of the facility
- BE A TEAM PLAYER AT ALL TIMES
- When not busy, look for ways to stay active; sweep, polish, etc.
- Squeegee water when necessary (this plant deals with a vast amount of water)
- Blow evaporator and condenser tubes with compressed air
- Must have a valid and clean driver license (will not drive in a temporary position)
- The work location is located inside the Medical Center and is a NON-SMOKING work place with no areas to smoke.
- TWO OF THE MOST IMPORTANT DETAILS FOR THIS POSITION ARE TO BE ON TIME, AND SHOW UP EVERY DAY
Days: Monday through Thursday (off every other Friday)
Hours: 6: 00 am to 3: 30 pm (6: 00 am to 2: 30 pm for scheduled Friday' s)
Duration: Temporary but could lead into a full-time position
(This is the " 9/80" schedule)